Multi-location: Dartford, Romford and Greenwich
Closing date: 14 December 2018 at midday
Be a part of a leading youth charity that is transforming lives!
We are looking to recruit new Board Trustees and Audit & Risk Committee Members. Exciting voluntary roles with personal development opportunities, for those who are committed to supporting YMCA Thames Gateway to create supportive, inclusive and energising communities, where young people can truly belong, contribute and thrive.
- The satisfaction of volunteering for a charity that improves people’s lives on a daily basis
- Discounted family gym membership (Romford) and childcare
- Great opportunities to engage with the national and international YMCA movement, including international travel opportunities.
Take a youth minded community approach. Share your skills, or learn new ones, by volunteering with us.
Purpose: To ensure the effective management of YMCATG. The Board of Management takes ultimate responsibility for the work the Association does, and the way in which it spends funds to achieve its aims. It does this by focussing on the overall direction of the organisation, agreeing plans and budgets, ensuring effective governance and holding the Chief Executive to account for delivery.
- Strategic vision – to be committed to being part of devising the future direction of the Association.
- The ability to think creatively and apply good, independent and impartial judgement to discussions and decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise relating to developments, housing, the communities within which we operate.
AUDIT & RISK COMMITTEE
Purpose: to support the Board in its responsibilities for ensuring the adequacy of risk management, internal control and governance arrangements. Responsibilities include review and reporting on future risk strategy, risk assessment and management processes, health and safety compliance, safeguarding effectiveness, adequacy of policies and procedures, corporate governance structures, and liaising with the Finance Committee on the effectiveness of internal financial controls.
- Experience of Internal Audit
- Ability to apply good questioning skills
- An understanding of regulatory and legislative requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of effective frameworks for governance, health & safety and safeguarding
All play a foundational and vital role in the life of the Association, bringing specific skills and experience which ensures that The Board is able to offer vision, leadership, scrutiny and wisdom to the Executive team and more broadly to the life of the Association.
We are looking for a diverse range of people that reflect the people and communities we serve, who are excited by the YMCA’s work, share our values and will play an active part in the work of our Committees. We actively encourage applicants from Black, Asian and other ethnic minorities as well as people with limited abilities. We are particularly keen to hear from potential committee members who would help broaden the diversity, gender and age demographic of our committees.
YMCA Thames Gateway is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity and diversity.
For more information email the HR Department to request for an application pack via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or 01708 770407.
The closing date for this volunteer role is Friday 14th September 2018 at Midday.